You are here
Ag Land Management 1 | SEW 2017
1002 Production Practices
Learning objective is to discuss various commodity production practices and enhance the manager/consultants understanding of production systems.
- A look at traditional crop farms
- Integrated livestock enterprises
- Conservation tillage practices
- Niche markets
- Bi-energy is a subsidiary income for landowners
1003 Client Goals and Strategic Plan
Learning objective is to assist the manager/consultant in developing fact finding skills and organizing facts into a functional plan of operations meeting the client’s goals.
- Fully understand the capacity of your client(s)
- Establish their mission and vision
- Set up plans to accomplish goals
- Document and record all appropriate details
- Measure and monitor progress
- Review and reevaluate at least annually
Learning objective is to equip the manager/consultant with the tools needed to present and maintain a professional image and conduct while serving their clients.
- Develop a professional image
- Maintaining professional conduct
- Putt your clients needs ahead of your own
- Deal with difficult situations
- Maintain a current skill set with continuing education
1005 Principles of Leasing
Learning objective is to discuss the various options for property leasing and to assist the manager/consultant with the skills to achieve that optimal owner/tenant relationship.
- Create a lease that meets the goals of the stakeholders
- Understand the legal requirements of a lease
- Review current federal and state tax requirements
1006 Property Risk Assessment
Learning objective is to inform the manager/consultant of the potential risks that may be present on a client’s property and how to identify them.
- Determine who will do the risk assessment
- Study the site with maps and aerial photos
- Make a checklist of items to observe and verify
- Evaluate the site for risks
- Document and report your findings
1007 Conservation Practices
Learning objective is to provide understanding on various conservation programs and practices and the management responsibilities associated with them.
- Conservation practices are good for the environment
- Understand cost sharing
- Review and reporting requirements
- The cost of maintenance
1019 Risk Management Planning
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with the tools to optimize the marketing plan.
- Commodity Market Planning
- Study market behavior
- Understand market tools
- Make a written marketing plan
- Protect financial needs
1024 Budgeting & Financial Statements
- Enterprise Budgeting
- Financial Statements
- Nuts & Bolts of Farm Plan
- Budgeting and Farm Plan Review
1025 Financial Ratios
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with the tools to understand the mechanics of financial ratios. Attendees will learn how to evaluate financial ratios and how to understand their significant.
- Financial ratios are management tools
- Be as accurate as possible with valuations
- Update the reports at least annually
Contact Hours: 24 hours
Accreditation: This course is required for the AFM and the AAC
Instructor(s): Skye Root, AFM, AAC; Corey Prins, AFM; Mark Peterson, AFM, ARA, AAC; Dan Whisenhunt, AAC; Paul Burgener, AFM
Embassy Suites by Hilton
La Vista Hotel & Conference Center
12520 Westport Parkway
La Vista, NE 68128