You are here
Ag Land Management 3 | SEW 2017
1009 Agents, Brokers and Consultants
Learning objective is to inform the manager/consultant of the potential roles he/she may be call to fill and the responsibilities of each.
- Understand who your client is
- Define expectations
- Be responsible to your client
- Due diligence with new or unusual clients and projects
- Don’t promise more than you can deliver
- Setup a system to be paid fairly
1011 Listening Skills
Learning objective is to help the manager/consultant develop optimal listening skills to better serve their clients needs.
- Listen with all your senses
- Manage your reactions
- Respond responsibly
- Give the gift of listening
- Speak with a style that promotes listening
1012 Body Language
Learning objective is to increase the manager/consultants awareness of the effects of body language on the client interaction experience.
- Body language tells it all
- Appeal to your audience in a positive way
- Detect when you are being listened to
- People remember more of what they see than what they hear
1013 Selling Skills
Customer service is increasingly becoming the competitive advantage. This module is for any professional seeking how to provide and promote excellence in customer satisfaction. Topics covered include what good customer service is and why it matters, how to instill the “Golden Rule” in your employees, how front-line staff is critical in customer service strategy and how to hire service-orientated people.
1017 Agricultural Tax Guide
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with knowledge of the tax implication of agriculture and what information is needed to optimize tax positions.
- How to use the IRS web site
- What record keeping information is important
- Guidelines for tax deductions
1020 Using the Futures Market
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with tools to better understand the function and usefulness of the futures market.
- How to study market behavior
- Understanding market trend analysis
- History is a good predictor of market movement
- When to seek professional advice
1022 Expert Testimony
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with practical information to be used when called to give expert testimony.
- How to be prepared
- Speak the truth
- Make sure your body and your mouth are telling the same story
- Be cool and calm
- Don’t answer until asked
1027 Business Writing
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with methods to identify the reader audience and present information in an understandable way.
- How to characterize your audience
- Organizing your material
- How to be concise and understandable
- Why proof reading is so important
- Using the correct format
1028 Report Writing
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with professional reporting skills that are accurate and complete.
- Make reports professional
- Be mindful of your reader
- How to present information accurately
- Write to be concise and complete
- How to use charts and graphs
1030 Document Control
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with the tools to understand the value of document control. Attendees will learn how to setup and maintain a document control system and be alert to data security issues.
- Acknowledge risk to data breach is ever present
- Implement appropriate controls to assure current documents are used
- Monitor control’s effectiveness
- How to identify current documents
1033 Understanding Appraisals
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with methods to understand appraisal reports and use the information.
- Appraisals are prepared for specific uses
- Appraisals must follow determined formats
- Appraisals are opinions based on determined facts
1036 The Farm Plan
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with a step by step method to create a farm plan and evaluate the available resources.
- How to obtain and organize the facts of the operation
- Understand budgets and marketing plans
- Define the roles and responsibilities of all parties
1037 Practical Applications of Budgeting
- Uses for budgets
- Types and construction of budgets
- Prepare a budget
- Budget exercises and worksheets
Contact Hours: 24 hours
Accreditation: This course is required for the AFM and the AAC
Instructor(s): Skye Root, AFM, AAC; Corey Prins, AFM; Mark Peterson, AFM, ARA, AAC; Dan Whisenhunt, AAC; Paul Burgener, AFM
Embassy Suites by Hilton
La Vista Hotel & Conference Center
12520 Westport Parkway
La Vista, NE 68128