You are here
Ag Land Management 2 | SEW 2017
1014 Oral Presentations
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with skills to prepare, deliver, and relate to an audience when presenting an oral presentation.
- Steps to Prepare – Prepare – Prepare
- How to learn and know your material
- How to respect your audience
- Use appropriate visual aids
- Be courteous to the media
1001 Locating and Characterizing Property
Learning objective is to provide tools the manager/consultant can use to locate and evaluate a new site or project location.
- Locate the site with maps and aerial photos
- Determine who owns what
- Identify the resources
- Evaluate the resource risks
- Visiting the site
- Document and report your findings
1008 Project Management
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with the tools to identify project objectives and evaluate the stakeholders who are or should be involved in the project. Detailed steps are presented relative to preparing, monitoring, communicating and preparing an accurate report of project activities.
- Determine the goals for the project
- Make thorough preparation
- Monitor project activities
- Communicate with the stakeholders
- Prepare accurate reports
1029 Business Proposals
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with knowledge and examples for using proposals effectively.
- Learn to be specific with proposal objectives
- How to be accurate when describing deliverables
- Prepare an organized and winning proposal
- Learn the importance of being on time with proposals
1010 Effective Negotiating
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with the tools to optimize the negotiating process. Attendees will learn how to arrive at a fair deal without adversarial consequences.
- Know what you want and have the facts
- Be prepared
- Take your time
- Do not be swayed by emotional games
- Take as well as to give
- Controlling your EGO
1026 Business Contracts
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with a guide to prepare and submit a winning contract for goods and services.
- How to organize a contract
- The elements of a contract
- How to define the scope of a contract
1016 Conflict Resolution
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with skills to identify potential conflicts and how to avert or resolve them responsibly.
- Conflicts will happen so learn to identify them
- Conflicts can be character builders if handled responsibly
- Compromise is not a sign of weakness
- How to treat others with respect
- Learn to seek and strive for the greater good
1015 Customer Service
Learning objective is to promote excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Good customer service matters
- Your employees treat your clients as they are treated
- The person who answers the door or phone rules the company
- Hire service orientated people
1018 Business Structures
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with specific information regarding the functions of various business entities.
- How ownership structures allow for business operations
- Makes the transfer of ownership orderly
- How they are used for tax management
- When to consult an attorney or tax planning advisor
1023 Analyzing Investments
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with the tools to understand the value of investments. Attendees will learn how to evaluate financial performance and set financial measures and targets.
- How to get good information
- Use several methods to analyze
- Create a comparative budget
1031 Consulting Standards
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with professional consulting standards to promote our high level of ethics and professionalism.
- Learn to commit to high standards
- Do not over state your abilities
- Always provide full disclosure
- Do not represent assumptions as facts
- Say what you will do and do what you say
1032 Functions of the Dollar
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with knowledge for making informed decisions regarding the optimization of investing and borrowing money.
- Learn to appreciate the value of money
- Discover how to research options before making investments
- Borrow capital wisely
- Compare projects and evaluate profits
1034 Practice Management
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with a better understanding of how to operate a business efficiently and effectively.
- How to evaluate the efficiency of your business
- What processes does your business performs
- Where your profit is generated
- How to evaluate a potential clients margin of profit
- When to change or abandon a profit losing process
1035 Case Studies
Learning objective is to provide manager/consultants with practical examples to solve for maximizing profitability and evaluate opportunities.
- Learn to evaluate profitability of production choices
- How to determine material participation
- How to calculate breakeven
Contact Hours: 24 hours
Accreditation: This course is required for the AFM and the AAC
Instrucotr(s): Skye Root, AFM, AAC; Mark Peterson, AFM, ARA, AAC; Dan Whisenhunt, AAC
Embassy Suites by Hilton
La Vista Hotel & Conference Center
12520 Westport Parkway
La Vista, NE 68128